Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Use this (Faculty Library Services) guide to find your textbook available as a free eBook, specifically use the following boxes on this page:
- Zero (OER) Textbook Classes Guide
- If there is no available eBook version of your textbook, use this guide again to search for replacement materials.
On This Page:
- Library Databases A-Z List
- Zero (OER) Textbook Classes Guide
- One Search
- Canvas Commons
- Additional Resources
Zero (OER) Textbook Classes Guide
Everything in the library collection (excluding EBSCO host)
- Navigate to the One Search box on the library homepage to begin your search
- Use the Refine Your Results menu on the left side to narrow your results
- Works well for periodicals
- Not recommended for eBooks at this time
*Distribute the item to student by downloading the periodical PDF then uploading to Canvas or email the permalink.
Swank Digital Campus
You can request titles by going to Advanced Search.
Video streaming, a broad selection of over 26,000 documentaries, feature films and training videos from thousands of producers.
Includes: Criterion Collection, PBS, HBO, The Video Project, New Day Films, The Great Courses, California Newsreel, Kino Lorber, Media Education Foundation, First Run Features, BBC, and more.
Thousands of hours of streaming video content from studios like Paramount, Lionsgate, MGM and more. Free, ad-supported.
Schedule an Instruction Session
We offer Library Instruction Sessions (LIS) tailored to your class, generally scheduled during your class meeting time. To schedule one, please complete the LIS Request Form by clicking on the link below. We will offer the session synchronously through Zoom, and we will record the session.
LIS Request Form
Library Databases A-Z List
Contains: eBooks and periodicals (articles, journals, magazines, newspapers, etc...), and media (videos and images).
- Navigate to the A-Z Database list
- Click on the database title and start your search
*Distribute the item to students by downloading the periodical PDF then uploading to Canvas or emailing the permalink.
Assignments, Subject Specific Tutorials, Practice Tests, eBooks, & Flashcards
Integrate PrepSTEP in Canvas!
View the guide: PrepSTEP & Canvas to get started
What about grading?
- Add PrepSTEP to your Canvas course.
- Assign tasks for your students to complete:
- Students grades will appear in the Canvas gradebook.
- Students will access and complete tasks through Canvas.
- Single sign-on: once students login to Canvas, there is no additional login to use PrepSTEP.
- Only the students ID number will be stored; no other personal information.
- If the student is not able to finish the test once they begin, they can come back at a later time and continue.
- Students may review their answers once the test is submitted and use the options for further study recommendations
- Core Math and Science Skills
- Core English Skills
- College Success Skills
- Career Preparation
- Basic Computer Skills
- Placement Test Preparation
- Grad School Admissions Preparation (ACT & SAT)
- Spanish Center (Recursos Para Hispanohablante)
"Commons is a learning object repository that enables educators to find, import, and share resources. A digital library full of educational content, Commons allows Canvas users to share learning resources with other users as well as import learning resources into a Canvas course."
Access the EBSCO host eBook collection by clicking on the link below.
Best Method: Email students the permalink so they can access the detailed record and view the eBook from this point every time they need it. They may read the eBook by viewing the PDF or clicking through the table of contents.
Emailing chapters or certain pages: Simultaneous access is unlimited as long as students open the PDF and email chapters to themselves, then close their browser.
Avoid: checking out and downloading (through their EBSCO account). This will result in the eBook being blocked for a day until it self-returns.