PrepSTEP is an online platform that builds academic success and preparation for today’s workplace.
Þ Subject specific tutorials, practice tests, eBooks, & flashcards
Þ Perfect for supporting AB 705
Þ Great addition to your course as an OER
Þ Different learning modes—practice, timed, & self-paced with answers
Þ Fun and user friendly
Learner Mode allows you to view the answers to test questions as you go along, to help you study.
*Practice Mode allows you to take a timed test, but if the timer runs out you are not prevented from completing the test. The timer is intended to help you pace yourself in preparation for real testing situations.
Simulation Mode matches the timing you will find on your official examination; you will not be able to complete the test once the time is up.
*For the Canvas integration, the test(s) are always in practice mode but the timer will not be enforced.
Students and faculty can access PrepSTEP the following ways:
1. View the list of library databases and go directly to PrepSTEP.
2. View the PrepSTEP guide on how to create an account etc... then connect to PrepSTEP.
Should you create a PrepSTEP account?
1. Add PrepSTEP to your Canvas course.
2. Assign tasks for your students to complete:
3. Student grades will appear in the usual way within Canvas.