English 101 is a reading and composition course designed to prepare students to handle a wide range of college writing assignments and to acquire the analytic skills necessary for effective academic preparation. Stress is placed on the organization and composition of objective expository and argumentative essays, including the research paper.
Fast Food Nation
1) Examine the impact of fast food on American society.
2) Examine the differences between small farms and large corporate farms.
3) Should fast food corporations be allowed to target children?
4) Examine the practices in the meat packing industry.
5) Examine cause(s) and effect(s) of the food/agriculture industry.
6) Compare and contrast organic versus non-organic.
7) Examine GMO’s impact on society and agriculture
8) Argue for or against using local farm produce.
Length: at least 7 full pages (1,750 words)
Citation Format: MLA
Required Sources: 6 scholarly outside (secondary sources) and Fast Food Nation (as your primary source) at least 1 must be a print source. A total of 7 sources is required.
|Articles||Academic/Scholarly, Newspaper, Magazine|
|Books||Print, eBook, Reference|
|Media||Video, Audio, Image|
Navigate to the Find Books tab and use the library catalog search box.
Connect to the catalog by viewing the books below: